Meal Plan 101

4:19:00 PM



Your nutrition and what you eat is crucial to your results. Which is why meal planning is fundamental part of your routine. This will ensure you stay on track and hit your goals faster. The lack of planning can ruin your success. 

Let me start by saying that this is a lifestyle change, not a fad diet that you will yo-yo back and forth from. The idea is to basically eat to MORE healthier foods and have them easily available to you. This will be so you are less likely to indulge, because all your food is easy and can be quickly available. Many of us don’t have healthy food in ready-to-eat portion sized servings so we tend to starve ourselves until we get to the point of starvation which leads us to shovel anything and everything into our mouth.

Meal Prepping can take on many forms. You can prep weekly, monthly, ect. I personally prep weekly because monthly is to overwhelming to me. I also like to start out small and work myself up. So I stat buy planning out my snacks, then breakfast, lunches and finally dinner. Well, I guess dinner and lunch go hand and hand for me. I typically make extra dinner to eat as lunch the next day or for two days. This makes for prepping less items.

How we meal prep can also be different for different people. It is really based on preference and time.

First option: You can spend an afternoon, most of us do it on a Sunday because we work Monday - Friday, but it can be done anytime really. After you make your plan for the week, you get started cooking all your meals. I try to keep the meals simple so I can make 3-4 options for the week. I then take my meals and my snacks portion them out into the serving size that fits my goals. Now everything is easy for me to grab, all my lunches and dinners just needed to be heated up when it is time to eat. Some people don’t like this idea because they don’t like the idea of heating up all the meals for the week. But, then some people LOVE it because the rest of their week is so EASY, because it is all done. 



Second Option: This option is more about planning and less about cooking. So after you develop your plan for the week you get to prepping. But instead of cooking a ll the meals you focus on cutting your veggies, cleaning you fruit and cooking a few things that will take a while like potatoes, rice, ect. By cutting veggie and things ahead of time, when it comes to cooking dinner you just have to place it all together, it doesn’t require you to prepare everything. I still go ahead and place my snacks in containers or snack bags already in the portion sized i needed so they are easy for me to grab and throw in my lunch. I started setting up alerts on my phone reminding me to pull the meat out two days before i planned on eating it. One day to defrost in the fridge next day to marinate with juices or spices. When I walk thru the door after a long day it is easy to throw it all together and have a hot meal in usually 20-30mins.

While meal prepping remember to follow many of the guidelines on the nutrition page.


Still need help meal planning, send me an email at crystalsfitbodyfatwallets@gmail.com

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Subscribe to our mailing list

* indicates required