Top 10 Reasons Why to Workout at Home

3:25:00 PM



Many believe that they need to workout at a gym, because of all the fancy equipment, and they believe it is just the right thing to do in order to see results. Well I am here to tell you why working out at home can be a huge benefit to your health.

1. Do you wonder around the gym, because you are not really sure what to do?

Many people sign up for a gym membership and are clueless on how to put a routine together. They will find something they feel comfortable with and they do that everyday. I know this, because it use to be me. Well when you workout at home, you just need to hit play button and BAM your routine is laid out for you. 

The TRAINERS, walk you thru all the exercises and they change it up so you are guaranteed results. AND get this… you do not need to pay extra for these personal trainers. It is a WIN, WIN! This is people that have been going to the gym for years begin to see results much faster when working with these programs. Not to mention the programs that I deal with, have a free coach (ME!) to help support you and motivate you.

2. Save money 

The average price of a gym membership is $55 a month.  Most people only go a few days a week because that is what they can fit into there crazy schedules. So when you translate this out it comes to a little over $6 a visit. When working out at home you have your initial fee of the discs and you continue to use them as long you would like. The packages range in different prices, but lets just say you purchase a set of DVD’s that is a 90 day program and it cost $75. Even if you still stick to a schedule of twice a week it would break down to cost a little over $3 a workout. The best part is you can repeat these videos as often as you would like. If for some reason you need to take a few weeks off you are not wasting any money on your membership for the month. 

3. How much time have you wasted waiting for a machine or a treadmill?

Many people that go to the gym are pretty much on all the same schedules, so it can be very busy if you are working a 9-5 or 8-4 job like many Americans. Gym’s are expecting and hoping most people that have memberships will not show up.  So, with that being said they do not have enough equipment to go around. So you can waste a ton of time just standing around waiting.  At home you are the only one, so NO WAITING! You can continue to work through your routine which allows you to keep your heart rate up, which will give you phenomenal results. By the way, you do not need a ton of fancy equipment to get the results you are looking for. With the money you save from your monthly membership will allow you to purchase a few items for your home workouts. 

4. My favorite class is during work hours, UGH! What to do?!?!

When I went to a gym, it drove me crazy that all the classes I would be interested in where only going on when it was impossible for me to go. Now that I have kids this has become even more of a challenge. This is one reason I LOVE to workout at home. I make my OWN  schedule. I choose when it will work best for me. You can get up early, you can stay up late, it doesn’t matter. You don’t need to drag your kids out early. I wake up before anyone is even awake and do my workout, this way it is done and I don’t have any excuses later in the day. Stop letting the gyms control your schedule and get it done on your terms. 

5. Grunts, Faces, slamming of the weights… ALLOWED!!

I know you have all seen the commercials of the rules that some gyms have in place. No grunts, no loud noises, some even have a dress code! Are you kidding me.  I am not saying you need to go crazy and workout like the Incredible HULK, but sometimes if I am pushing myself, to get that last rep out I may grunt or same something so that I can motivate myself to get thru that last little rep. When you are dying and you are struggling to finish your workout, you don’t need to be embarrassed by the faces and grunts that you need to make to get thru it.  Sometimes I even go as far as cursing out the trainers on the TV, but that is ok, because they can’t here me. Haha 

6. Did you forget to do your laundry, Don’t Worry!

When working out at home you do not need to worry about making a fashion statement. What you wear to workout is your business and no one else's. You can even workout without your shirt on. I am not to confident in my body so I am embarrassed to be prancing around in a sports bra, but I can in my house. You don’t need to worry about matching, if your clothes have rips in them. Profanity clothing is also ALLOWED in YOUR GYM! 

7. EWWW… GERMS!!!

Have you ever wondered if the person before you took the extra few seconds and cleaned off their nasty, sweaty germs? Most people don’t, which means you are sitting in there sweaty mess. At home the only sweat and germs left behind are your own. You don’t have to question if anyone left any nasty sick germs behind. 

8. Results & Recovery are only steps away.

The first hour after your workout is crucial when it comes to getting in your results and recovery formula. After I am done my workout and I am shaking because I pushed myself and finished an amazing workout, it only takes my about 5 minutes to get my recovery formula in my body. I don’t need to worry about the time it takes me to get changed, or drive to my house, ect. Since, I workout in the morning I like to have a nice wholesome breakfast after I workout, so working out at home allows me the time to cook  a breakfast before I have to run out the door. 

9. Shaking from leg day… No Problem!

After working my legs, I feel like I can barely walk. You can take a few minutes and sprawl out on the floor from pure exhaustion. No one will step on you, or better complain and have you get in trouble. Take as long as you need 

10. Shower TIME!!!

Jumping in the shower after a great workout is a FABULOUS Feeling! Getting into a hot car when your all sweaty is GROSS, or even worse stepping outside in the freezing cold and trying not to catch pneumonia is no fun either. I just walk from the basement to my bathroom, no walking around in sweaty clothes for lengthly periods of time.  Feel refreshed in a matter of minutes… AHHHHH! 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Subscribe to our mailing list

* indicates required